Costume Jewellery Care Tips
- Don’t wash dishes or do laundry with your jewellery on. Many cleaning products that come in contact with your beautiful jewelry that can take off the finish. Why? Because of the harsh chemicals.
- Don’t wear jewellery in pool or at the spa. Chlorinated water can react with the metals found in jewellery causing your awesome bangle or necklace to change color.
- Don’t use jewellery cleaner. Cleaner made for silver, gold, or platinum is way too harsh for fashion jewellery which is usually plated with these precious metals.
- Remember to not put perfume or lotion with your jewellery on.
- Put jewellery on after applying hairspray and makeup. This goes back to keeping your jewellery dry. Perfumes, hairspray, lotion and makeup usually contains harsh chemicals that can damage your beautiful jewellery. By waiting until you are all done your beauty routine you can avoid potential damage.